Google recently started pestering us to publish a post on VC’s listing in Google “My Business”. This is a relatively new feature of “My Business”, and I wasn’t sure what to do with it.
Is it a blog? is it social media? is it SEO?
I’d say the new posting feature is all three, and that makes it hard find the best way to use it. So I solved the problem the same way I solve any other new problem: I went looking for inspiration. I googled for topics like “social media posts for businesses”.
“My Business” isn’t technically social media, but it is close enough that I knew that posts on social media for businesses would inspire ideas.
I have decided that for now I will repost excepts of blog posts and newsletters on “My Business”, but I also found about a hundred other ideas.
Here are seven posts that I found useful and plan to revisit when I need more ideas about how to promote .
- Social Media for Business: A Marketer’s Guide (BND)
- 35 Engaging Social Media Post Ideas For Businesses (B2C)
- Social Media for Business: 36 Creative Ideas For What You Can Post (CoSchedule blog)
- 14 types of social media post that just work (Think Tank)
- What to Post? Social Media Ideas for Small Businesses (SMT)
- 10 Types of Social Media and How Each Can Benefit Your Business (HootSuite)
- 22 Facebook Post Ideas for Businesses that Practically GUARANTEE Engagement (Post Planner)